Clenergy Solar Inverter Over Temperature
- The “status” light is red
- The screen displays an “over temperature” message
What causes the Clenergy Solar Inverter Over Temperature Message?
As already mentioned Clenergy Over Temperature message occurs when the internal temperature in your inverter is too high. If your inverter has been installed fully exposed to the sun, and the inverter is showing the Over Temperature message after a number of hours running at high capacity on a very hot day then this error message can be expected – it’s really hot!
The Clenergy SPH15, SPH20 and SPH30 solar inverters all employ passive cooling through a large heat sink on the back of the inverter to maintain the correct operating temperature. internal temperature will get very high if it’s working hard and at the same time it’s baking in the sun.
If the heat sink on the back of your Clenergy SPH15, SPH20 or SPH30 inverter is quite cool to the touch then the internal temperature is not your problem. It is possible that an internal fault has developed with the temperature sensor inside the inverter.
The first thing you should do with any internal fault with an inverter is carry out a reboot of the system.
How to Reboot Your Clenergy Solar Inverter
There should be instructions on your inverter on how to reboot it, but just in case there aren’t, you should:
- Turn OFF the solar supply main switch (or inverter AC isolator if present)
- Then, turn OFF the PV array DC isolator.
- The screen will then go completely blank.
- Do the reverse in order to turn the inverter back on.
- Wait a few minutes while the inverter boots back up
If after letting the inverter cool down and rebooting the system you are still seeing the red “status” light and “over temperature” error, then it looks like you have an issue with the temperature sensor inside the inverter.
If you are still getting the Over Temperature message on your Clenergy solar inverter and it was installed within the last 5 years then you should be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. Make sure you have some proof of purchase such as a tax invoice if you are wanting to try and make a warranty claim with the manufacturer. You will also need the serial number and model number of the inverter which can be found on the top of the Clenergy inverters and then contact your original installer.
If your inverter is outside the five year warranty period the best thing to do will be replace the inverter with a new one. You could spend around $500 to get this issue fixed and at the end of the day you would still have an inverter without any warranty. We recommend replacing the Clenergy inverter with a quality new inverter with full manufacturers warranty. Get in touch with local solar-accredited electrician.
For further advice please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to make the most out of a low feed in tariff