Do you have a Clenergy SPH Solar Inverter Isolation Fault?
A Clenergy SPH Solar Inverter Isolation Fault is a common issue that is seen in this brand of solar inverter.
With this issue, the red light is on which tells us that there’s a fault going on in the system. An isolation fault message on a Clenergy solar inverter means that there could be a problem on the solar panel side or an internal fault with the inverter. Based on experience the latter is usually the case.
Although the Clenergy solar inverter manual recommends having a solar accredited electrician check out your solar panels and see if the impedance on the cables to the solar panels is greater than 8MΩ, it will actually end up being a problem with the solar inverter and something has to be done about this ASAP.
What can you do about a Clenergy Solar Inverter Isolation Fault issue?
Try to reboot the system by following the proper shutdown procedure as shown below:
- Turn off the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or the Inverter AC Isolator (if applicable).
- Turn off the PV Array DC Isolator located at the inverter.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute.
- Turn on the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn on the PV ARRAY DC Isolator.
- Wait a few minutes for the inverter to restart.
- Check to see if the error has cleared.
If the fault continues, check if your Clenergy SPH solar inverter is still within the 5-year warranty from the installation date so a warranty claim can be made on the inverter. To make a warranty claim you will need to provide proof of purchase in the form of a tax invoice or Certificate of Compliance from when it was originally installed along with the model and serial numbers found on the top of the inverter.
If you need further assistance with your Clenergy SPH Solar Inverter Isolation Fault issue please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Need more information on Clenergy solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on Clenergy solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the most out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff