Do you have a Clenergy SPH Solar Inverter SCI Fault Message?
The Clenergy SPH Solar Inverter SCI Fault is a common issue that we see with the Clenergy SPH brand of solar inverters.
Usually with this issue the red Status light is ON and the SCI Fault message is displayed on the screen. According to the Clenergy SPH solar inverter manual the SCI Fault message means that the Internal Master / Slave CPU’s have developed a communication fault. The SCI Fault is an internal fault with the inverter.
If you Clenergy SPH solar inverter is showing a SCI Fault message on the screen you need to do something about it ASAP as you’re solar power system isn’t operational.
What can you do about a Clenergy Solar Inverter SCI Fault issue?
Try to reboot the system by following the proper shutdown procedure as shown below:
- Turn off the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or the Inverter AC Isolator (if applicable).
- Turn off the PV Array DC Isolator located at the inverter.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute.
- Turn on the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn on the PV ARRAY DC Isolator.
- Wait a few minutes for the inverter to restart.
- Check to see if the error has cleared.
If the fault continues, check if your Clenergy SPH solar inverter is still within the 5-year warranty from the installation date so a warranty claim can be made on the inverter. To make a warranty claim you will need to provide proof of purchase in the form of a tax invoice or Certificate of Compliance from when it was originally installed along with the model and serial numbers found on the top of the inverter.
If you need further assistance with your Clenergy SPH Solar Inverter SCI Fault issue please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Need more information on Clenergy solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on Clenergy solar inverters including Clenergy inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the most out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff