Fronius IG Inverter STATE 301 Issue? We Can Help.
As a Fronius service partner we’ve seen a number of Fronius IG series inverters with STATE 301 errors. Fronius describe this issue as “Safety circuit detects a current peak on the mains supply” and list the following as possible causes:
- Voltage drop on the public mains
- Choke cables mixed up in the inverter
- Connections L1 and N mixed up inside the inverter
- Fault with the DC-AC board inside the inverter
This is usually an internal fault which will need to be repaired by a Fronius service partner such as Gold Coast Solar Power Solutions but to ensure that it isn’t just a one off error the best thing to do is try to reboot the inverter.
What can you do about a Fronius IG Inverter STATE 301 issue?
The first thing you can do is to do a proper shutdown procedure as shown below.
- Turn off the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or Inverter AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn off the PV Array DC Isolator located at the inverter.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute.
- Turn on the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn on the PV ARRAY DC Isolator.
- Wait a few minutes for the inverter to restart.
- Check to see if the error has cleared.
How to get a Fronius STATE 301 error fixed
If your Fronius inverter is still within the warranty period or even if your not sure (a 5 year warranty is standard) then you can call Fronius directly on 03 8340 2910 or if your near the Gold Coast or Brisbane you can contact us here.
Before we can provide any advice we will require your inverters serial number which can be found underneath the inverter. It will be 8 digits followed by a / and 2 more digits, such as 12345678/20.
If your inverter is out of the warranty you have 2 options:
- 1. Pay to get it fixed (and still have no warranty)
- 2. Install a quality replacement inverter with a full new warranty.
Either way we can help, please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Need more information on Fronius solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on Fronius solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the most out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff