Fronius POWER LOW fault? What you can do?
As a Fronius service partner we’ve seen a number of Fronius IG series inverters with POWER LOW errors. Fronius describe this as “Intermediate circuit voltage has dropped below permissible threshold value for feed in”.
The POWER LOW code is usually referring to an issue with the power from the solar panels being too low for the Fronius inverter to operate correctly. With that being the case the first thing to do is check that the sun is shining! If it’s early in the morning or late in the afternoon and there isn’t much light around then just hang on, wait for the sun to come out and then check to see if your inverter is working properly now. Another potential problem may be shading on the solar panels – take a quick look and make sure there is no shading on ANY of the solar panels.
If after checking the above the POWER LOW code still hasn’t cleared it’s worth trying a reboot of the system. To reboot your Fronius inverter follow the system shutdown procedure which should be near your inverter or possibly in your switchboard. Normally the shutdown procedure will be as follows:
- 1. Locate the Solar Supply Main Switch in your switchboard and switch it OFF
- 2. Locate the PV ARRAY MAIN SWITCH / SOLAR DC ISOLATOR (usually right beside the inverter) and switch it OFF
The inverter will turn off after a few seconds, wait 30 seconds or so and turn the system back on by turning the switches you just turned off back ON; the order in which you turn them on isn’t important.The inverter will attempt to start up, if after a few minutes the system is back in operation well done! If it’s still coming up with the POWER LOW error or another fault code then it looks like you are going to need professional help.
How to get a POWER LOW error fixed
If your Fronius inverter is still within the warranty period or even if your not sure (a 5 year warranty is standard) then you can call Fronius directly on 03 8340 2910 or if your near the Gold Coast or Brisbane contact us here.
Either way we will require your inverters serial number which can be found underneath the inverter. It will be 8 digits followed by a / and 2 more digits, such as 12345678/20.
If your inverter is out of the warranty you have 2 options:
- 1. Pay to get it fixed (and still have no warranty)
- 2. Install a quality replacement inverter with a full new warranty.
Either way we can help; if you’re near the Gold Coast or Brisbane just leave your details on this page or contact us here. If you are somewhere else in Australia and after a replacement solar inverter we have quality new inverters in stock available with FREE delivery to your door, just click on the picture below.
Need more information on Fronius solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on Fronius solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the best out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff