Fronius Solar Inverter TEST COM Error – What can you do?
As a Fronius service partner we’ve seen a number of Fronius IG series inverters with TEST COM errors. TEST COM is short for “Test Communication”, the inverter is trying to test communications between the various internal components and is having issues. Fronius list the following as possible causes:
- Contact error on a ribbon cable
- Hardware problem on the inverter
This is usually an internal fault which will need to be repaired by a Fronius service partner such as Gold Coast Solar Power Solutions but to ensure that it isn’t just a one off error the best thing to do is try to reboot the inverter.
To reboot your Fronius inverter follow the system shutdown procedure which should be near your inverter or possibly in your switchboard. Normally the shutdown procedure will be as follows.
- 1. Locate the Solar Supply Main Switch in your switchboard and switch it OFF
- 2. Locate the PV ARRAY MAIN SWITCH / SOLAR DC ISOLATOR (usually right beside the inverter) and switch it OFF
The inverter will turn off after a few seconds, wait 30 seconds or so and turn the system back on by turning the switches you just turned off back ON; the order in which you turn them on isn’t important.The inverter will attempt to start up, if after a few minutes the system is back in operation well done!
If it’s still coming up with a TESTCOM error or another fault code then it looks like you are going to need professional help.
How to get a Fronius TEST COM error fixed
If your Fronius inverter is still within the warranty period or even if your not sure (a 5 year warranty is standard) then you can call Fronius directly on 03 8340 2910 or if your near the Gold Coast or Brisbane you can contact us here.
Before we can provide any advice we will require your inverters serial number which can be found underneath the inverter. It will be 8 digits followed by a / and 2 more digits, such as 12345678/20.
If your inverter is out of the warranty you have 2 options:
- 1. Pay to get it fixed (and still have no warranty)
- 2. Install a quality replacement inverter with a full new warranty.
Either way we can help, please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Need more information on Fronius solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on Fronius solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the best out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff