Fronius STATE 443 Error – What can you do?
As a Fronius service partner we’ve seen a number of Fronius IG series inverters with STATE 443 errors. Fronius describe this as a “DC-DC energy transfer failure” and list the following as possible causes:
- Error during switching on a power stack
- Power stack failure
- Transformer cables not connected or faulty
This is usually an internal fault which will need to be repaired by a Fronius service partner such as Gold Coast Solar Power Solutions but to ensure that it isn’t just a one off error the best thing to do is try to reboot the inverter.
To reboot your Fronius inverter follow the system shutdown procedure which should be near your inverter or possibly in your switchboard. Normally the shutdown procedure will be as follows.
- 1. Locate the Solar Supply Main Switch in your switchboard and switch it OFF
- 2. Locate the PV ARRAY MAIN SWITCH / SOLAR DC ISOLATOR (usually right beside the inverter) and switch it OFF
The inverter will turn off after a few seconds, wait 30 seconds or so and turn the system back on by turning the switches you just turned off back ON; the order in which you turn them on isn’t important.The inverter will attempt to start up, if after a few minutes the system is back in operation well done!
If it’s still coming up with a STATE 443 error or another fault code then it looks like you are going to need professional help.
How to get a Fronius STATE 443 error fixed
If your Fronius inverter is still within the warranty period or even if your not sure (a 5 year warranty is standard) then you can call Fronius directly on 03 8340 2910 or if your near the Gold Coast or Brisbane you can contact us here.
Before we can provide any advice we will require your inverters serial number which can be found underneath the inverter. It will be 8 digits followed by a / and 2 more digits, such as 12345678/20.
If your inverter is out of the warranty you have 2 options:
- 1. Pay to get it fixed (and still have no warranty)
- 2. Install a quality replacement inverter with a full new warranty.
Either way we can help, if you’re near the Gold Coast or Brisbane leave your details on the form on this page or contact us here,. If you are somewhere else in Australia and after a replacement solar inverter we have quality new inverters in stock available with FREE delivery to your door, just click on the picture below.
Need more information on Fronius solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on Fronius solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the best out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff