Do you have a Growatt Solar Inverter Error 117 Issue?
An error we have seen many times with Growatt solar inverters is the “Error 117” message.
When a Growatt inverter displays the “Error 117” message the red Fault light will be lit and the inverter will not be producing any power; the inverter is telling you that it has detected a problem with the internal relay inside the inverter and due to this fault it cannot function. You want to do something about this ASAP as when the Error 117 code is displayed you will not be receiving any benefit at all from your solar power system.
Please be aware the system is safe, it just will not produce any power while the Error 117 code is being displayed.
What can you do about a Growatt Solar Inverter Error 117 issue?
If the inverter is coming up with this fault it will need replacing. You may be able to get it working temporarily by rebooting the inverter by following the shutdown procedure as shown below.
- Turn off the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or Inverter AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn off the PV Array DC Isolator located at the inverter.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute.
- Turn on the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn on the PV ARRAY DC Isolator.
- Wait a few minutes for the inverter to restart.
- Check to see if the error has cleared.
If the inverter is still within the 5-year warranty period Growatt will cover an Error 117 under warranty – however be aware that Growatt do not cover the cost of a solar accredited technician visiting your property to remove and replace the faulty inverter so there will be a cost involved in having your Growatt inverter repaired under warranty.
To make a warranty claim you will need to provide proof of purchase in the from of a tax invoice or Certificate of Compliance from when it was originally installed along with the model and serial numbers found on the side of the inverter.
If you don’t want to deal with Growatt’s warranty terms or the inverter is outside the 5 year warranty period then the best thing to do is to have the inverter replaced with a good quality replacement model with a full factory warranty that will serve you well for many years to come.
If you need further help with your Growatt Solar Inverter Error 117 issue please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Need more information on Growatt solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on Growatt solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the most out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff