Is your JFY Solar Inverter displaying a GFCI Failure message on the screen?
In our experience with JFY solar inverters an issue we’ve seen a number of times at Gold Coast Solar Power Solutions is with JFY inverters displaying a ‘GFCI Failure’ error message on the screen.
The GFCI Failure message means that the inverter has detected that the GFCI device is damaged. This is in reference to an internal component inside the inverter that has most likely failed and means that the inverter will need to be repaired or replaced. We would recommend you take immediate action on seeing the GFCI Failure message as your solar power system isn’t working.
What to do about a JFY Solar Inverter GFCI Failure message
Although in our experience it is unlikely to rectify this fault the first thing we recommend you try to do is reboot the solar power system using the shutdown procedure as follows:
- Turn off the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or Inverter AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn off the PV Array DC Isolator located at the inverter.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute.
- Turn on the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn on the PV ARRAY DC Isolator.
- Wait a few minutes for the inverter to restart.
- Check to see if the error has cleared.
If the inverter reboots and is still showing the GFCI Failure message the inverter will need to be repaired or replaced. If the inverter is within the 5-year warranty period JFY will fix the issue under warranty. To make a warranty claim you will need the installation date along with the model number and serial number found on the side of the inverter.
If your JFY inverter was installed more than 5 years ago the best thing to do will be replace it with a good quality replacement unit that comes with a full warranty. You could try and get the inverter repaired but if it’s not covered under warranty you’re just throwing good money at something which could develop another fault next week and cost you a whole lot of money again.
If you need further assistance with your JFY Solar Inverter GFCI Failure issue please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Need more information on JFY solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on JFY solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the most out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff