Does your JFY Solar Inverter have a 0W Low Power Output issue?
If you have a JFY Solar Inverter 0W Low Power Output issue when the sun is out and shining then you have an issue which needs to be rectified ASAP – your solar power system is currently not producing any power at all.
This issue catches out a lot of people as the green power light is still on as if the system was working; the inverter actually thinks it’s working but there is no power or very little power, usually less than 1W of power being produced by the system.
If you are having this issue and you look at the inverter screen you’ll see that the Pac or the Power AC is saying something like 0.1 W. This is the AC power that the system is producing right now and putting out to the grid. Although the power light is lit, it’s actually not working. In the middle of a sunny day it should be showing a power output of at least 500W.
What to do about a JFY Solar Inverter 0W Low Power Output Issue?
Although in our experience it is unlikely to rectify this fault the first thing you can try to do is reboot your solar power system using the shutdown procedure as follows:
- Turn off the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or Inverter AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn off the PV Array DC Isolator located at the inverter.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute.
- Turn on the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn on the PV ARRAY DC Isolator.
- Wait a few minutes for the inverter to restart.
- Check to see if the error has cleared.
If the inverter reboots and is still doing the same thing the inverter will need to be repaired or replaced. If the inverter is within the 5-year warranty period JFY will fix the issue under warranty. To make a warranty claim you will need the installation date along with the model number and serial number found on the side of the inverter.
If your JFY inverter was installed more than 5 years ago the best thing to do will be replace it with a good quality replacement unit that comes with a full warranty. You could try and get the inverter repaired but if it’s not covered under warranty you’re just throwing good money at something which could develop another fault next week and cost you a whole lot of money again.
If you need further assistance with your JFY Solar Inverter 0W Low Power Output issue please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Need more information on JFY solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on JFY solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the most out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff