Is your JFY Solar Inverter Red Alarm Light On?
At Gold Coast Solar Power Solutions we’ve seen a few issues with JFY Solar Inverter’s where the red alarm light is on and the screen is blank. In this condition the inverter is not producing any power and will need to be checked by a solar accredited electrician. The only thing you can try to do about it yourself is try a solar power system reboot as follows:
Rebooting a JFY Solar Inverter Red Alarm Light Issue
The first thing we recommend you try is rebooting the system using the shutdown procedure as follows:
- Turn off the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or Inverter AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn off the PV Array DC Isolator located at the inverter.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute.
- Turn on the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn on the PV ARRAY DC Isolator.
- Wait a few minutes for the inverter to restart.
- Check to see if the error has cleared.
If after re-starting the inverter the red alarm light turns on again you have a fault with the inverter which will need to be repaired. If the inverter was installed within the last 5 years then it should be covered under warranty; JFY will be able to help you out with this. If you’re near the Gold Coast or Brisbane you can leave your details on the form on this page as we can sort out this issue for you; if you aren’t near the Gold Coast or Brisbane then you will need to get in touch with a local solar power accredited electrician.
Before you get in touch with anyone about your issue we’d recommend finding the following information about your system:
- Installation date
- Inverter model number
- Inverter serial number
If the inverter was installed more than 5 years ago then it’s going to be out of warranty and you have 2 options: get the inverter repaired or replace it with a new, good quality inverter with full warranty. Replacing the inverter usually makes more sense as it isn’t too much more expensive and provides you with the peace of mind of a full manufacturer warranty – you only need to have 1 more issue with a repaired inverter in the next 5 years and the repaired unit would have cost you more than a brand new replacement unit!
If you need further assistance with your JFY Solar Inverter Red Alarm Light issue please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the most out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff