Are the 2 middle lights flashing on your Latronics Solar Inverter?
Unfortunately this issue where the 2 middle lights on the Latronics PVE1200 or PVE2500 solar inverter flash on and off one after the other is something we’ve seen a number of times at Gold Coast Solar Power Solutions.
If your Latronics inverter has started having this issue with the middle lights flashing it means the inverter has developed an internal fault which will require the unit to be repaired or replaced; you can try rebooting the inverter which may clear the fault for a little while but unfortunately once the 2 middle lights have started flashing the fault tends to happen more and more frequently till it is rectified.
How to reboot your Latronics Solar Inverter
Please be advised that it’s highly unlikely that rebooting the inverter will be a permanent solution for the middle lights flashing issue, but it may provide you with few more kWh’s of solar production before you sort out a more permanent solution..
- Turn OFF the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH in your switchboard
- Turn OFF the DC ISOLATOR built into the inverter
- Wait a minute or 2 and turn the above back on
- Watch to see if the inverter starts operating correctly again
What to do if your Latronics Solar Inverter has the middle Lights flashing
The first thing you would want to do is to check when your Latronics inverter was originally installed as Latronics inverters do come with a 5 year warranty. If the inverter is still within the 5-year warranty period you can send it back to Latronics to have it refurbished and repaired. Please be aware though that Latronics do not cover freight costs to send the faulty inverter back to their Sunshine Coast office and they do not pay for your solar installers labour time either; so you will be out of pocket even if the inverter is covered under warranty.
If you find your Latronics inverter is outside the warranty period there are a few options available to you as follows:
- Replace the inverter with a brand new inverter
- Have your existing faulty Latronics inverter repaired and refurbished by Latronics.
Either option works, the cheapest option is to have Latronics refurbish your existing unit.
If you need any further assistance with your Latronics Solar Inverter Middle Lights Flashing issue please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Need more information on Latronics solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on Latronics solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the most out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff