Is your Macsolar Solar Inverter Fault light on?
Here at Gold Coast Power Solutions we have seen a number of cases where Macsolar solar inverters have the red fault light lit when the system should be operational.
If working properly, the inverter should display a green power light and a yellow run light. With the fault light issue, although the green power light is on you’ll also notice that the red fault light is lit as well and the run light is not on.
This means that your inverter is still detecting DC solar power from the roof but it has also detected a fault with the system.
Troubleshooting a Macsolar Solar Inverter Fault Light
In this situation, try to restart the inverter by following the system shutdown procedure.
- Turn off the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH located in the switchboard.
- Turn off the PV ARRAY DC Isolator beside the inverter.
- Wait for approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Turn on the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH.
- Turn on the PV ARRAY DC Isolator.
- Wait until the power light is on.
Unfortunately the Macsolar company is no longer in business which means that warranty claims are no longer possible for any Macsolar inverter. If restarting the inverter hasn’t solve this issue, the next two options are:
- Repair the inverter, or
- replace it.
If you choose to go for the first option (repairing the inverter), it may well cost over $500. This will still leave you with an inverter of inferior quality and no warranty, so it may be best to choose to have the Macsolar inverter replaced with a quality replacement unit. We recommend replacing the inverter with a quality replacement unit with a full warranty.
If you need help with a Macsolar Solar Inverter Fault Light issue please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Need more information on Macsolar solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on Macsolar solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the most out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff