Do you have an Oelmaier Inverter Error AFI Issue?
At Gold Coast Solar Power Solutions we sometimes see issues with Oelmaier inverters which were originally installed by Eco-Kinetics. A common issue with these Oelmaier inverters is the error message ‘Error AFI’ being displayed on the screen.
When the Error AFI message is being displayed the inverter is not producing any power. The Oelmaier inverters are quite clunky in their menu system and it’s quite likely that the Error AFI message isn’t appearing on the screen but you can check for it by pressing the menu and arrow buttons until you see the Solar Panel display screen.
With this issue, it will show the DC voltage that the inverter is detecting from the solar panels but the current (AC) shows no power. It will then show the Error AFI message which is a signal to have your solar power system needs attention ASAP as it is not working.
Troubleshooting an Oelmaier Inverter Error AFI Issue
The first thing you can try is a reboot of the system using the shutdown procedure as follows:
- Turn off the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or Inverter AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn off the PV Array DC Isolator located at the inverter.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute.
- Turn on the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn on the PV ARRAY DC Isolator.
- Wait a few minutes for the inverter to restart.
- Check to see if the error has cleared.
Unfortunately Oelmaier the manufacturer is no longer represented in Australia so the warranty is null and void. What we recommend is to have it replaced with a good quality inverter backed by a full warranty.
If you need further assistance with your Oelmaier Inverter Error AFI issue please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Need more information on Oelmaier solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on Oelmaier solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the most out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff