Do you have a Samil Solar Inverter Consistent Fault issue?
When we troubleshoot Samil solar inverters at Gold Coast Power Solutions, one of the issues we commonly encounter is a “Consistent Fault” message displaying on the screen of the inverter; when this message is showing the red fault light is lit as well.
If you are seeing this message it means your Samil solar inverter is not working so you should act on it without any delay.
What can you do to troubleshoot your Samil Solar Inverter Consistent Fault issue?
When this happens, the first thing you can do is to try to reboot the system by following the instructions below:
- Turn off the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH on the switchboard or Inverter AC Isolator (if present).
- Turn off the PV Array DC Isolator located at the inverter.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute.
- Turn on the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH and / or AC Isolator (if present).
- Turn on the PV ARRAY DC Isolator.
- Check if this clears the error.
If this procedure does not work, check if the inverter is still within the 5-year warranty from the installation date. Look for the model number and serial number on the side of the inverter and have it repaired under warranty. If it’s outside warranty, the best option is to replace the inverter with a new model – a new inverter costs a bit more than repairing a faulty unit but gives you the peace of mind of a full warranty, you could easily spend hundreds of dollars to repair your faulty inverter and it may develop another fault next week and your still not covered.
**IMPORTANT NOTE WITH SAMIL INVERTER WARRANTIES** We’ve been dealing with Samil inverter faults such as the Consistent Fault error for years now and Samil have recently become quite un-cooperative with providing warranty support. They take around 3 months to send out a replacement inverter, they communicate extremely poorly if at all and they are supposed to pay the service technician’s labour costs for replacing the faulty unit. Samil currently owe us thousands of dollars and have admitted that they are having financial issues, so please be aware of these facts if trying to make a warranty claim with a Samil Consistent Fault error – Good Luck!
If you are in the Gold Coast or Brisbane area and need help with your Samil solar inverter consistent fault issue please leave your details on the form on this page and we will be in touch ASAP, if you are somewhere else in Australia and after a replacement inverter please click on the following link, we have quality replacement solar inverters in stock ready to be delivered to your door.
Need more information on Samil solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on Samil solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the most out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff