Is your Sunny Roo, Sunna or Beyond Building Solar Inverter displaying an Isolation Fault message on the screen?
Are you having a Isolation Fault issue with your Sunny Roo Solar Inverter? If so you’ve come to the right place – we can help.
Aside from the red fault light being lit, you will also see an Isolation Fault message on the inverter screen. The Isolation Fault message could possibly be a problem with the power from the solar panels or it could be an impedance problem, but in most cases we’ve seen the Isolation Fault message on a Sunny Roo inverter it has ended up being due to an internal fault with the inverter. If you see this message it’s best to contact a solar accredited electrician to have a look at the system to work out what the root cause of the problem is.
What can you do about a Sunny Roo, Sunna or Beyond Building Solar Inverter Isolation Fault issue?
It’s always a good practice to reboot the system to see if that clears the error. To do this it’s important to follow the shutdown & startup procedure below:
- Turn off the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or Inverter AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn off the PV Array DC Isolator located at the inverter.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute.
- Turn on the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn on the PV ARRAY DC Isolator.
- Wait a few minutes for the inverter to restart.
- Check to see if the error has cleared.
If the issue has not cleared you will certainly need some professional help.
If after having your system tested it’s found that the inverter is the problem you have two options:
- Get the faulty inverter repaired.
- Replace the faulty unit with a good quality replacement inverter.
If you decide to have the inverter repaired you’re still going to spend a lot of money and have an inferior quality product that’s not covered by any warranty. The Sunny Roo, Beyond Building & Sunna inverter manufacturer is no longer around as they went into liquidation a few years ago so any warranty will no longer be honored. We recommend having the faulty unit replaced with a quality new inverter that has a full 5 or 10 year warranty – it may initially cost a bit more but in the long term it will certainly provide you with the best value for money.
If you’re near the Gold Coast or Brisbane area and you need help with your Sunny Roo Solar Inverter Isolation Fault issue please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Need more information on Sunny Roo solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on Sunny Roo solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the most out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff