Fronius IG Solar Inverter STATE 406 – What can you do?
A Fronius IG Solar inverter STATE 406 error message means that your inverter has found a problem with the temperature sensor on the DC/AC board inside your inverter. There is a fault either in the DC/AC board or the connection of the board.
A Fronius IG Solar inverter STATE 406 can be seen as an internal fault with the inverter which will need to be repaired by a Fronius service partner such as Gold Coast Solar Power Solutions. First off though to ensure that it isn’t just a one-off error we recommend you try to reboot the inverter.
How to Reboot Your Fronius IG Solar Inverter
Rebooting your Fronius IG solar inverter is quite simple, however, it is important you follow the shutdown procedure correctly to avoid damaging your system. There should be instructions somewhere near your inverter on how to reboot the system which should be something like the following:
- Turn OFF the solar supply main switch (or inverter AC isolator if present).
- Turn OFF the PV array DC isolator.
- Wait for the inverter screen to go completely blank.
- Once completely blank, wait a few seconds and then turn ON the PV array DC isolator.
- Turn ON the solar supply main switch (or inverter AC isolator if present).
It may take a couple of minutes to restart, so just wait patiently while the inverter reboots. If the STATE 406 message is displayed again you are going to need the help of a solar accredited electrician.
If you need further assistance on your Fronius IG Solar Inverter STATE 406 issue please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
How to get a Fronius IG Solar Inverter STATE 406 fixed
If your Fronius IG inverter is still within the warranty period or even if your not sure (a 5 year warranty is standard) then you can call Fronius directly on 03 8340 2910 or if your near the Gold Coast or Brisbane you can contact us here.
Before we can provide any advice we will require your inverters serial number which can be found underneath the inverter. It will be 8 digits followed by a / and 2 more digits, such as 12345678/20.
If your inverter is out of the warranty you have 2 options:
- Pay to get it fixed (and still have no warranty)
- Install a quality replacement inverter with a full new warranty.
If your inverter is out of the warranty period we recommend you replace it with a quality replacement. This way you can have the peace of mind that the system is covered against any faults well into the future.
Need more information on Fronius IG solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on Fronius IG solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the best out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff