When your SolarKing Solar Inverter does not operate normally, you will observe that a fault will be shown up on its display screen and the red fault light will be lit at the same time.
We have put together the following list of faults and possible actions from SolarKing Inverter user’s manual. If there are any uncertainties in performing these measures it is advisable to seek assistance from a qualified electrician to avoid any risk of further damage or injury.
1. Check the impedance between PV (+) & PV (-) and earth ground. The impedance must be larger than 8M . 2. If above action is useless, the isolation detection circuit fails, replace one unit.
Ground I Fault
1. This is caused by too high ground current. 2. Unplug PV generator from the input, check AC peripheral system. 3. After the cause is cleared, plug PV input again. Check the status of the inverter. 4. If above actions are useless, the GFCI circuit fails, replace one unit.
1. Wait for 30 seconds, if the grid come back to normal, inverter will start again automatically. 2. Make sure grid voltage and frequency meet the specifications. 3. Use PCM solar control to adjust operation range. 4. If above actions are useless, replace one unit.
1. Grid impedance higher than the permissible value. 2.Wait for 30 seconds, see if it works again. 3.Check the wires between inverter and grid. Change larger wires if necessary. 4.Adjust impedance parameter by PCM solar control program. 5. If useless, the impedance circuit inside failure, please replace another one.
1. Grid is not connected; check the AC connection by multi-meter. 2. Check grid connection, such as wire and connector to the inverter. 3. Check breaker between inverter and grid; if it is tripped, DO NOT CLOSE again, replace another unit.
PV Over Voltage
1. Check the PV open voltage, see if it is more than or too close to 500VDC. 2. If PV voltage is much less than 500VDC (e.g. <430V), measure the DCV by multi-meter, compare the readings on meter and LCD, if >5%, replace another unit.
1. It is caused by the reading between main and redundant controllers are different. 2. Disconnect PV (+) or PV (-) from the input, start the unit again. 3. If this does not work, replace another one.
1. Caused by improper operation of the circuit. 2. Disconnect PV (+) or PV (-) from the input, start the unit again. 3. If it does not work, replace another one.
1. The internal temperature is higher than specified normal value. 2. Reduce the ambient temperature by some other ways or move inverter to cooler place. 3. If it is not effective, the temperature sensors fails, replace another one.
Here are some error codes that you may see on the SolarKing Solar Inverter and its descriptions.
No AC Line
PV Over Voltage
PV Voltage is too high
DC Bus High
Dc bus voltage is too high
DC Bus Low
Dc bus voltage is too low
Temperature is too high
Grid Voltage or Grid Frequency is wrong
Hole sensor, GCFI Device or AD Reference Voltage Fault
PV Panel isolation problem
Grid Impedance Fault
Ground I Fault
Output ground leakage current too high
DC INJ High
Output DC injection too high
Ref 2.5V Fault
2.5V reference voltage inside problem
DC Sensor Fault
Output DC sensor abnormal
GFCI detection problem
Communication between Master and Slave problem
The value of Master and Slave are not the same
Grid V Mismatch
The Grid V of Master and Slave are mismatch
Grid F Mismatch
The Grid F of Master and Slave are mismatch
Grid Z Mismatch
The Grid Impedance of Master and Slave are mismatch
The GCFI value of Master and Slave are mismatch
DC Curr Mismatch
The Output DC current of Master and Slave are mismatch
You may view the full information on SolarKing manual’s troubleshooting section. If following the steps above does not fix the issue and your SolarKing Solar Inverter is still within the warranty period you can contact the equipment installer or supplier. If your SolarKing Solar Inverter is outside the warranty period we suggest that you contact a professional solar power expert. If you’re in the Gold Coast or Brisbane area contact Gold Coast Power Solutions here and we will be in touch to provide you with further assistance.