Is there an Er29 error code on your Sunny Roo, Beyond Building or Sunna Solar Inverter screen?
An issue we’ve seen a few times at Gold Coast Solar Power Solutions with the Sunny Roo, Beyond Building and Sunna Inverter brands is the Er-29 Error Code.
When you have an Er-29 error message on one of these inverters it will attempt to reboot the system and go through a startup procedure. While it’s starting up the green light will be flashing, this start up process will usually take 1 to 2 minutes. You will hear a relay clicking inside the inverter as well.
According to the Sunna solar inverter manual the Er-29 message means that the DC current is over the specifications of the inverter, but in our experience it tends to be an internal problem with the inverter causing the issue. Technically a solar power system which has been installed for years, that’s been working fine and has not been modified cannot suddenly put out a DC current which is too high; so it all points to an internal issue with the inverter.
How to troubleshoot an Er-29 Error Code on a Sunny Roo, Beyond Building or Sunna Inverter
As mentioned above the Er-29 error is most likely due to an internal error with the inverter so the best thing to do initially is to try rebooting the system in the hope it may clear the fault. When rebooting the system it’s important to carry out the shutdown procedure as shown below:
- Turn off the AC Solar Supply Main Switch located in the switchboard or the Inverter Isolator at the inverter.
- Then turn off the DC PV Array Isolator locator next to the inverter.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute.
- Turn on the AC Solar Supply Main Switch or Inverter Isolator.
- Turn on the DC PV Array Isolator.
- Check if this clears the error.
If the inverter is consistently coming up with this error code it will need to be repaired or replaced. Unfortunately the warranty can no longer be used because the Sunny Roo, Beyond Building and Sunna companies have disappeared and are no longer in business. The best action to take is to have the inverter replaced with a good quality replacement unit that will serve for years and be covered by a full warranty. You can try to have the inverter repaired but you’ll still have to pay around $500 and you’re still left with an inferior quality inverter with no warranty, leaving you in the future with more potential problems that are not covered under warranty.
If you need further assistance with an Er-29 Error Code on your Sunny Roo, Beyond Building or Sunna Inverter please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Need more information on Sunny Roo solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on Sunny Roo solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the most out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff