Geoprotek Low Power Output
The Geoprotek low power output problem is something that we’ve occasionally seen with Geoprotek solar inverters – the inverter looks like it’s all working correctly however the amount of power being produced is way less than it should be.
Geoprotek Low Power Output – What’s the problem?
If it’s the middle of a sunny day and your solar panels aren’t in the shade at all you can expect to see over 1000 Watts of power being produced. If your Geoprotek inverter is showing a power reading closer to 100 W, or even 0 W, in good sunlight conditions and the panels are free from shade then it sounds like you may have a problem with your inverter.
Geoprotek Low Power Output-What Can You Do?
As with any problem with your solar inverter, the first thing you can try to do is a reboot of the system. Solar Inverters are a bit like computers in that a simple reboot can sometimes rectify a fault with the system. Your Geoprotek solar inverter has a relatively simple reboot process and hopefully it’s all it take to get your inverter back in action again. Try a full reboot of your system by completing the following in order:
- Turn OFF the solar supply main switch (or inverter AC isolator if present).
- Turn OFF the PV array DC isolator.
- Wait for the inverter screen to go completely blank and the red fault light to turn off.
- Turn ON the PV array DC isolator.
- Turn ON the solar supply main switch (or inverter AC isolator if present).
- Wait a few minutes while the inverter boots back up.
If the Reboot Doesn’t Fix the Problem
If after rebooting your Geoprotek inverter you see the same low power readings, it looks like you may have a more serious issue with your system that will require professional help. You will need a solar accredited electrician to check out your system and work out what the problem is to take further action – it could be an issue with the inverter however it could also be a problem on the solar panel side of the system.
If you are in South East QLD somewhere near the Gold Coast or Brisbane area we can help, for further assistance please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to make the most out of a low feed in tariff