The Growatt MTL solar inverter is manufactured in Shenzhen, China.
If your Growatt MTL inverter is displaying a fault or error message on the screen we highly recommend you take action as quickly as possible, as when a Growatt MTL inverter has a fault it will not be producing any power.
Should any problems arise on your Growatt MTL solar inverter, the LED on the front panel will be red and the LCD displays the relevant information. If you decide to follow the recommended actions below, please note that safety measures should be observed to avoid any risk of injury. If unsure we highly recommend you seek assistance from a qualified solar electrician.
Ground I Fault
1. The ground current is too high.
2. Unplug the inputs from the PV generator and check the peripheral AC system.
3. After the cause is cleared, re-plug the PV panel and check PV-Inverter status.
4. If the problem persists please call service.
1. Check the impedance is between PV (+) & PV (-) and the PV-Inverter is earthed. The impedance must be greater than 8M.
2. If the problem persists please call service.
1. Grid is not connected.
2. Check grid connection cables.
3. Check grid usability.
PV Over Voltage
1. Check the open PV voltage; see if it is greater than or too close to 600VDC.
2. If PV voltage is less than 600VDC, and the problem still occurs, please call local service.
1. Disconnect PV (+) or PV (-) from the input, restart the PV-Inverter.
2. If it does not work, call service.
> If there is no display on the panel, please check PV-input connections. If the voltage is higher than 150V, call your local service.
> During periods of little or no sunlight, the PV-Inverter may continuously start up and shut down. This is due to insufficient power generated to operate the control circuits.
Here are some more fault messages that you may see on the Growatt MTL front panel display.
If following the steps above does not fix the issue and your Growatt MTL inverter is still within the warranty period you can contact the equipment installer or supplier. If your inverter is outside the warranty period we suggest that you contact a professional solar power expert. If you’re on the Gold Coast or Brisbane area contact Gold Coast Power Solutions hereand we will be in touch to provide you with further assistance.