The CMS 1500 and CMS 2000 solar inverters can develop a number of different faults and when a fault is present an error message will be displayed on the screen and usually the fault light will be lit. The below is a list of error messages, explanations on the error or fault and a list of possible actions to take to resolve the issue.
1. Check the impedance is between PV (+) & PV (-) and the PV-Inverter is earthed. The impedance must be greater than 8MΩ. 2. If the problem persists please call service.
Ground I Fault
1. The ground current is too high. 2. Unplug the inputs from the PV generator and check the peripheral AC system. 3. After the cause is cleared, re-plug the PV panel and check PV-Inverter status. 4. If the problem persists please call service.
1. Wait for 5 minutes, if the grid returns to normal, PV-Inverter automatically restarts. 2. Make sure grid voltage and frequency meet the specifications. 3. If the problem persists please call service.
1. Grid is not connected. 2. Check grid connection cables. 3. Check grid usability.
PV over Voltage
1. Check the open PV voltage, see if it is greater than or too close to 500VDC. 2. If PV voltage is less than 500VDC, and the problem still occurs, please call local service.
1. Disconnect PV (+) or PV (-) from the input, restart the PV-Inverter. 2. If it does not work, call service.
1. The internal temperature is higher than specified normal value 2. Find a way to reduce the ambient temperature, 3. Or move the inverter to a cooler environment. 4. If it is not effective, call local service.
Relay Failure DC INJ High EEPROM Failure SCI Failure High DC Bus Low DC Bus Ref 2.5V Fault DC Sensor Fault GFCI Failure
1. Disconnect ALL PV (+) or PV (-) 2. Wait for few seconds 3. After the LCD switches off, reconnect and check again. 4. If the message reappears call your local service.
For more information on the CMS inverter range you can check out the CMS-2000 Solar Inverter manual under the Inverter Status and Troubleshooting sections. Unfortunately the manufacturer of the CMS-2000 Solar Inverter has been placed in receivership so if you own one of these inverters unfortunately you are left without a warranty. If you are in the Gold Coast or Brisbane area contact Gold Coast Power Solutions here and our team will provide you with further assistance. If you’re somewhere else around Australia and have an issue with your CMS 2000 or CMS 1500 solar inverter we can send you a quality replacement inverter with free delivery, just click on the image below.