Xantrex Solar Inverter DC Voltage Fault
The Xantrex Solar Inverter DC Voltage Fault is a clear sign your solar power system isn’t working. There are two ways to tell you have this error:
- The screen is continually coming up with “DC Voltage fail” and then “Inverter Offline”
- The Online light is off
- The Ground fault light is off
As the offline light is off means that your inverter is not working.
This can mean one of two things: either your system on the solar panel side has a problem, or you have a temporary glitch with your system. The first thing to do is reboot your solar system.
How to Reboot Your Xantrex Solar Inverter
Rebooting your solar inverter is quite simple, however it’s important you follow the procedure correctly to avoid damaging your system. There should be instructions near your inverter on how to reboot your inverter which should be something like the following:
- Turn OFF the solar supply main switch (or inverter AC isolator if present).
- Turn OFF the PV array DC isolator.
- Wait for the inverter screen to go completely blank
- Turn ON the PV array DC isolator.
- Turn ON the solar supply main switch (or inverter AC isolator if present).
- Wait a few minutes while the inverter boots back up.
When the Xantrex Solar Inverter DC Voltage Fault message is a problem
Generally if you’re seeing the DC Voltage Fault message on your Xantrex inverter it’s indicating that the inverter has either detected a problem from the solar panels side of your solar power system or that your inverter may be faulty.
After rebooting and the green light appears again and the inverter starts working then great! If the DC Voltage fault message is showing after the system has rebooted you are going to need to get a local solar accredited electrician to look into the cause of the SC Voltage fault message. If you are near the Gold Coast we can help.
For further advice please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to make the most out of a low feed in tariff