Is your Samil solar inverter displaying a red light and a Relay Failure message on the screen?
Here at Gold Coast Power Solutions a common problem we have seen with Samil solar inverters is where they are showing the display message “Relay Failure” with the red fault light lit.
As soon as you see this message, it means that your inverter system isn’t working so you want to do something about it ASAP.
What can you do about a Samil solar inverter relay failure issue?
If you’re having this issue with your installed Samil solar inverter the first thing to try is rebooting the system. This occasionally clears the fault code and returns the system to the normal working condition although it is usually a sign of further future problems. Follow the shut down procedure below:
- Turn off the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or Inverter AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn off the PV Array DC Isolator located at the inverter.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute.
- Turn on the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH and the AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn on the PV ARRAY DC Isolator.
- Check if this clears the error and the system starts to function as normal.
If following this procedure does not clear the failure message check if your inverter is still within the 5-year warranty period as this is an issue which would be covered under warranty. If not you can have your inverter repaired however this will cost hundreds of dollars to repair and still leave you with an inverter that you will have to pay to get fixed if it has another issue next week.
A better option is to have the faulty unit replaced with a quality inverter that includes a full warranty that will give you many trouble free years of operation and the peace of mind of being covered under warranty.
**IMPORTANT NOTE WITH SAMIL INVERTER WARRANTIES** We’ve been dealing with Samil inverter faults such as the Relay Failure error for years now and Samil have recently become quite un-cooperative with providing warranty support. They take around 3 months to send out a replacement inverter, they communicate extremely poorly if at all and they are supposed to pay the service technician’s labour costs for replacing the faulty unit. Samil currently owe us thousands of dollars and have admitted that they are having financial issues, so please be aware of these facts if trying to make a warranty claim with a Samil Relay Failure error – Good Luck!
If you are in the Gold Coast or Brisbane area and need help with your Samil solar inverter Relay Failure issue please leave your details on the form on this page and we will be in touch ASAP, if you are somewhere else in Australia and after a replacement inverter please click on the following link, we have quality replacement solar inverters in stock ready to be delivered to your door.
Need more information on Samil solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on Samil solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the most out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff