Sunny Roo Solar Inverter AL10 Error Code
If your Sunny Roo, Sunna or Beyond Building Solar Inverter has just greeted you with an AL10 error code don’t ignore it! Your solar power system isn’t working so you should take action straight away. This page mostly mentions the Sunny Roo inverter however the Beyond Buidling and Sunna inverters are pretty much the same inverter with a different badge on it, so the information provided here is still relevant.
The AL10 error code is an Alarm Code: the inverter is telling you that the leakage current on ground conductor is too high. Clear as mud? Good.
What both the AL10 code and the leakage current on ground conductor is too high message are trying to tell you is that the inverter has detected a potential issue with the solar panels. The inverter is seeing an issue where some of the power from the solar panels is leaking to the frame of the panels and creating an earth fault and a potential electric shock hazard. As this is a major issue the Sunny Roo, Sunna or Beyond Building inverter will turn off and throw the AL10 alarm code.
Sunny Roo AL10 Error – What To Do
It is possible that the inverter is incorrectly displaying the AL10 message so to rule this out we recommend you attempt to reboot the solar power system. Rebooting the inverter may fix the glitch. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn OFF the inverter AC isolator (if present beside inverter) or the Solar Supply Main Switch in the switchboard
- Turn OFF the PV array DC isolator(s)
- Wait for the inverter screen to go completely blank
- Turn ON the PV array DC isolator(s)
- Turn ON the inverter AC isolator (if present beside inverter) or the Solar Supply Main Switch in the switchboard
- Wait 2-3 minutes for the inverter to restart.
Still have an AL10 message on your Sunny Roo, Sunna or Beyond Building Inverter?
If rebooting your inverter didn’t clear the AL10 alarm message we recommend that you get in touch with a local solar accredited electrician. They will need to work out if the problem is with your solar panels or with the inverter and then advise you from there.
For further advice please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to make the most out of a low feed in tariff