Do you have a CMS 2000 Solar Inverter Blank Screen Issue?
At Gold Coast Solar Power Solutions an issue we sometimes see with CMS 2000 solar inverter’s is where the screen is totally blank and not showing anything.
At night time it’s completely normal for a CMS2000 inverter to be totally blank on the screen, but if the sun is shining and it’s still blank you have an issue.
If the screen is blank during the day it could mean that the inverter is not detecting any power from the solar panels; this could be a problem with the solar panels or the DC wiring to the solar panels, it could also be an issue with the DC isolator beside the inverter or it may even be the inverter itself.
How do I troubleshoot a CMS 2000 Solar Inverter Blank Screen?
First thing you can do is to try rebooting the system using the shutdown procedure as follows:
- Turn off the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or Inverter AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn off the PV Array DC Isolator located at the inverter.
- Wait for approximately 1 minute.
- Turn on the SOLAR SUPPLY MAIN SWITCH or AC Isolator (if installed).
- Turn on the PV ARRAY DC Isolator.
- Wait a few minutes for the inverter to restart.
- Check to see if the error has cleared.
If the screen is still totally blank without any lights and you have checked that the Solar DC Isolator is on then you will need a solar accredited electrician to come and check your system as it could be an internal failure with the solar inverter or some other fault on the DC side of the system.
Unfortunately the manufacturer of the CMS inverter range is in receivership which leaves any warranty null and void. If your problem does end up being with the inverter you can have the inverter repaired, but you’re still going to spend a lot of money and have an inferior quality unit without the protection of any warranty. What we recommend you do is replace the faulty CMS inverter with a good quality inverter that’s going to give you a full, new warranty instead.
If you need further assistance with your CMS 2000 Solar Inverter Blank Screen issue please complete the form above under the URGENT heading and we’ll assist you further.
Need more information on CMS solar inverters? Checkout the below.
For more information on CMS solar inverters including inverter datasheets, manuals, fault codes etc. click here.
Got A Question About Solar Power? Click Here For Answers!
- Can you add more solar panels to your solar power system?
- How much power can you expect from your solar power system?
- Do you know how to read your Energex solar power meter?
- Could you be saving hundreds of $$ on your pool power costs?
- How to make the most of the 44c feed in tariff
- How to get the most out of your solar power system on a low feed in tariff