Growatt SunGold Solar Inverters can display a number of different fault codes and error messages, however the messages that are displayed on the screen are usually not very helpful if you’re unfamiliar with the inverter.
In the following tables we have put together a list of fault displays and error messages that you may see on a Growatt Sungold inverter. We’ve also included the actions that Growatt recommends in the Growatt SunGold Solar Inverter user manual for your easy reference.
Should any problems arise on your Growatt SunGold solar inverter, the LED on the front panel will be red and the LCD screen should display the relevant information. If you encounter any of these issues and follow the recommended actions below, please ensure that all safety measures are observed to avoid any risk of injury.
Growatt Sungold Fault Messages & Error Codes
Ground I Fault
1. The ground current is too high.
2. Unplug the inputs from the PV generator and check the peripheral AC system.
3. After the cause is cleared, re-plug the PV panel and check PV-Inverter status.
4. If the problem persists please call service.
1. Check the impedance is between PV (+) & PV (-) and the PV-Inverter is earthed. The impedance must be greater than 8M.
2. If the problem persists please call service.
1. Wait for 5 minutes, if the grid returns to normal, PV-Inverter automatically restarts.
2. Make sure grid voltage and frequency meet the specifications.
3. If the problem persists please call service.
4. Check grid usability.
No AC connection
1. Grid is not connected.
2. Check grid connection cables.
PV Over Voltage
1. Check the open PV voltage; see if it is greater than or too close to 500VDC.
2. If PV voltage is less than 500VDC, and the problem still occurs, please call local service.
1. Disconnect PV (+) or PV (-) from the input, restart the PV-Inverter.
2. If it does not work, call service. If there is no display on the panel, please check PV-input connections. If the voltage is higher than 150V, call your local service.
During periods of little or no sunlight, the PV-Inverter may continuously start up and shut down. This is due to insufficient power generated to operate the control circuits.
Here are some more fault messages that you may see on the Growatt SunGold front panel display.
If your inverter is outside the warranty period we suggest that you contact a local professional solar power expert. If you’re in the Gold Coast or Brisbane area contact Gold Coast Power Solutions hereand we will be in touch to provide you with further assistance.